In this Blog post we will show you on how you can backup all your Kodi Addons and Kodi Settings on your external storage(Memory Stick or SD card) and then restore it on any Kodi device using Backup Addon from Kodi Repository. If you love Addons or Settings that you have on your Kodi then you must take backup of your Kodi so that you can easily restore it, if you accidentally lose your Kodi Addons or you can restore it on any Kodi device.
[stextbox id=”info” caption=”Editor’s Note” collapsing=”false” mode=”css” shadow=”false” bwidth=”2″ bcolor=”FF350D”]
If you plan on streaming content via any of the Kodi addons we recommend using a VPN. A VPN will anonymize your online activity, protect you from spying ISPs, and allow you access to geo-blocked add-ons and content.
We personally use IPVanish VPN and highly recommend it. You can sign up for IPVanish VPN here or if you want to know more about why to use a VPN with Kodi click here
Follow the below Instructions to Backup Kodi On Memory Stick or SD card and Restore on any Kodi device:
01. From the main screen of Kodi click on Addons
02. Now click on Addon Browser Icon that you can see on the top left corner of your screen
03. Click on Install From Repository
04. Scroll down and click on Kodi Addon Repository
05. Click on Program Addons
06. Click on Backup
07. Click on Install and then wait for Addon Enabled notification
08. Backup Addon is now installed. The Addon can be accessed by going back to the main screen of Kodi >Add-ons>Program Addons and there you will find Backup Addon
09. Now click on Backup Addon and you will get an options, Restore and Backup
10. To Back up your Kodi you just need to click on Backup option and you will get the popup window “Sorry Remote Path Doesn’t Exist”, click on Ok
11. Now click on Browse Remote Path and then select the device storage(Memory Stick or SD Card) onto which you want to backup your Kodi and then click on Ok
12. After that click on Backup Addon again, click on Backup option and it will start backing up your Kodi
13. If you want to Restore Kodi then you need to click on Backup Addon and then click on Restore option
14. After clicking on Restore option you can see backup file, click on it and it will restore all your Kodi
So, this how you can backup your Kodi on external storage(Memory Stick or SD Card) and then restore on any Kodi device. If you face any problem then feel free to contact us via Live Chat or Email(email@example.com)
usb backup/restore addon on my android device does not appear to write data
on the device . I have written apk packages and installed kodi . Ive used the system settings to
see the device as external memory – On the pc I can see its got loads of capacity.
the device has a light which shows no active transsfer. I.m sure its something simple.
really frustated .
The Android version you are using might not be allowing you to take backup on external devices like USB stick. This is a compatibility issue with higher versions of Android after KitKat. So try to take backup on your local android storage and then transfer the Backup file from internal storage to an External device through Es File Explorer.