Creating different login profiles is one of the great feature in Kodi. This feature allows you to create different login profiles with different names and under each profile you can install different Addons, different settings on your Kodi. The default Profile that is used by Kodi is known as Master profile, but once you will create profile with your own names you can set them as your default profile on your Kodi. It also gives you an option to show login screen on Kodi startup, when you will open Kodi you will get an option to login with profile you have created.
If you plan on streaming content via any of the Kodi addons we recommend using a VPN. A VPN will anonymize your online activity, protect you from spying ISPs, and allow you access to geo-blocked add-ons and content.
We personally use IPVanish VPN and highly recommend it. You can sign up for IPVanish VPN here or if you want to know more about why to use a VPN with Kodi click here
Create Multiple profiles on Kodi 17
Follow the below instructions to create Multiple login Profiles In Kodi 17:
01. From the main screen of Kodi click on Settings Icon that you can see at the top left side of your screen
02. Click on Profile Settings
03. Select Profiles option and you can see Master Profile and Add Profile option
04. Click on Add Profile and you will get a popup window to Add Profile Name
05. Now you need to enter the Profile Name(whatever name you like) and then click on Ok and then click on Ok again
06. You can now set Profile Picture to your profile by clicking on Profile Picture option and then browse the image
07. Now click on Ok and you will get a popup window “start with fresh settings or copy default”, click on Start Fresh
08. You will get another popup window “start with fresh media source or copy default”, click on Start Fresh
09. The new profile has been created now and you can create multiple profiles by following the same above procedure
10. Now select General option and you see options “Show Login Screen On Startup” and “Automatic Login On Startup”
11. Enabling “Show Login Screen On Startup” option will give you an option to login into Kodi with the profile you want on Kodi startup
12. “Automatic Login On Startup” option allows you to select Automatic Login Profile for your Kodi so next time when you will open Kodi, it will automatically open with the profile you selected.
13. Go back to the Home screen of your Kodi and then click on Power Button that you can see at the top left side of your screen
14. After clicking on Power Button you can see an option Log Off Master user, you can click on it and login with different profile you created
So this is how you can create and login into Kodi 17 with different profiles, if you face any issue then feel free to contact us via Live Chat or Email([email protected])