Kodi 18 Leia has been officially released by the Kodi team and is available on Kodi website and Google Play Store.
Some new features have been added to Kodi 18 Leia, which I have listed below in this blog post.
If you have Kodi 17 Krypton installed on your device then no need to rush as Kodi 17 is still working fine and some of the Kodi Addons or Builds might not be compatible with Kodi 18 Leia.
But there are many other Addons and Builds available for Kodi 18 Leia that you can install and watch the content that you may be looking for.
You might also face some compatibility issues with the different operating systems like Android versions below V5 are not compatible with Kodi 18.
The installation process of Addons on Kodi 18 is almost the same as that of Kodi 17 with a few screen changes and another step to verify the dependencies that will be installed.
The best and easy way to update Kodi on Android device is through PlayStore. You just need to Sing In into PlayStore, search for Kodi and then update.
If you have other devices like Mac or Windows then you can uninstall the current version of Kodi and then install the latest version from official Kodi website.
In this Blog Post, I will show you both methods on how you can update Kodi through Google Play Store and through official Kodi website.
You can Click Here to know more about Kodi 18 Leia
Some key features of Kodi 18 Leia:
- Supports retro gaming and associated game controls
- Supports digital rights management decryption
- Added music library to explore and enjoy your music collection
- Live TV improvements, including support for new back-ends
- Supports binary Addon and binary addon repository
- Android leanback and voice control
- Audio and Video playback improvements including improved Blu-ray support
- “Estuary” skin has been modified and changed to GUI/skinning engine
- Revised codebase and build guides
Follow the below instructions to upgrade Kodi On your Android Box:
01. From Home screen of your Android Box, go into your Apps and then click on Google PlayStore(Shopping Bag icon)
02. Once you will be inside PlayStore you need to search for Kodi(XBMC Foundations), click on that and hit the Update
03. If you have not Kodi already installed on your Box then you will get Install option instead of Update
04. Now click on Install/Update option and then wait for the process to finish
05. If you don’t know how to Sign In into PlayStore then Click Here to know on how to Sign In into PlayStore and Update/Install Applications
If you have other devices like Windows or Mac then you need to follow below instructions to upgrade Kodi:
01. First, uninstall the current version of Kodi that is installed on your device
02. If you don’t want to lose your Kodi data and Settings you can easily Backup and Restore all your Kodi
03. After uninstalling Kodi, you need to Download Latest Version Of Kodi From Here
04. Once the download will finish you need to go back to Home Screen of your device
05. Now from Home screen go into your Download Folder and you will find Kodi App there
06. Click on downloaded Kodi App (kodi-18 Leia), hit Install and Kodi 18 Leia will start installing on your device
07. Wait till the Installation will finish
08. Kodi 18 Leia is now installed on your device, enjoy!
“If you face any problem while upgrading Kodi on your device then feel free to contact us via Email(email@example.com) or Live Chat“