ResolveURL is a fork of URL Resolver, which provides an alternative method for resolving links from file lockers in your Kodi addons. ResolveURL runs in the background of Kodi to decode the file hosts in order to play movies, TV Shows, and other streams in Kodi. Most of the Kodi Addons use this dependency to work on Kodi. So, if it is missing from your Kodi then most of the Addons will not work and also you can’t install new Addons that use this dependency to work on Kodi.
If you are getting “Check Log for more info” error while opening any Kodi addon or “ResolveURL Installation Failed” error while installing any new addon on your Kodi then you are missing Resolve URL dependency from your Kodi and you can follow this simple guide on how to install ResolveURl dependency on your Kodi.
Android Kodi Users:
Those who are using Android device for Kodi, they don’t have to install ResolveURL dependency manually on their Kodi as it will get automatically installed once you install the Addon that uses this dependency. The addons that are already installed on your Kodi and uses this dependency will automatically be updated and thus will install ResolveURL dependency automatically on your Kodi. However, if you are still getting an error while opening or installing an addon on your Kodi then follow the below steps to resolve it.
01. From the main screen of Kodi click on Addons
02. Click on Settings Icon and make sure Settings is set to Expert at the left bottom of your screen
03. Now select Addons option and click on Manage Dependencies
04. Scroll down and click on ResolveURL>Configure and make sure Enable Universal Resolvers is turn ON on your Kodi
iOS Kodi Users:
iOS Kodi users need to manually install the ResolveURL dependency on their Kodi to fix “ResolveURL Installation failed” error while installing the Addon or “Check Log for More Information” error while opening any addon. You can follow below steps to install ResolveURL dependency on Kodi 17:
01. First Download ResolveURL Dependency From Here and save it at the location where from you can easily access it
02. Now go into Kodi and from the main screen of Kodi click on Addons
03. Now click on Settings Icon that you can see at the top left side of your screen
04. Select Addons option and click on Unknown Sources option to enable unknown sources on your Kodi
05. Once you will click on Unknown Sources option you will get a popup window, then press Yes
06. Now you need to return back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)
07. Click on Addons
08. Click on Addon Browser Icon that you can see in the top left corner of your screen
09. Click on Install From Zip File
10. Navigate to where you saved ResolveURL zip file in 1st step
11. Click on it and then wait for Addon enabled notification
ResolveURL is installed now and you will not get “ResolveURL Installation Failed” error anymore. Most of the addons that use this dependency should work fine on your Kodi.